Frequently Asked Questions
How long until I get my order?
- Please allow 1 - 2 business days for your order to be packed (e.g. if you place your order on a Friday evening it will be packed on the Monday or Tuesday). Once your order has been packed you will get a tracking number sent to your email. For domestic shipping please allow up to 3 days for delivery and for international please allow up to 7 days for delivery. Please note during peak times this may vary, please see your order confirmation email for any further information.
Do you ship to my country?
- When you proceed to the checkout all available countries are listed and can be selected.
Can I please get an invoice?
- An invoice is automatically sent as a PDF attachment to your email once your order has been packed for shipment or local pickup. The email will be sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org", please check your Junk/Spam folder.
Do I have to pay a customs/duty/VAT fee?
- All international orders will have your local taxes, VAT and duties wrapped up into the final price at the checkout. There will be no extra fees or charges to pay after you place your order.
What's the difference between the free vs paid shipping options?
- When you place an order over a certain value ($79AUD domestically & $399AUD internationally, $299AUD for NZ) you will unlock a free shipping option, this is the same method of delivery as the paid option. If you'd like to save money on delivery please select the free shipping option.
I'm new to the world of Japanese knives what would you recommend?
- Please browse our blogs first, this will help with understanding the differences in the knives: https://www.chefs-edge.com.au/blogs/knife-information
If you'd like some recommendations please complete the contact form on our website and include any details about what you're looking for, including budget.
What stone goes best with the knife I've bought?
- All knives should be started on at least a 1000 Grit stone to refine your apex before progressing up to a 3000 or 6000 Grit stone. Anything higher than a 6000 Grit is not necessary for general sharpening and more suited for protein only or single bevel knives. All knives can be finished on a 3000 Grit stone but some steels (SG2, Blue/Aogami, White/Shirogami & HAP40) will suit up to a 6000 Grit. If in doubt stick to a 1000 & 3000 Grit, more information also available on our blog: https://www.chefs-edge.com.au/blogs/knife-information/double-bevel-knife-sharpening-how-to-do-it-right
Why can't I select a credit card payment option at the checkout?
If you have a Higonokami in our cart you won't be able to checkout with your credit card due to Shopify blocking the transactions as the Higonokami are viewed as 'weapons'. You will still be able to checkout through an alternative option such as PayPal, which allow credit card payments.
Do you do knife sharpening or repairs?
We can sharpen and/or repair your knife, even if it wasn't bought from us, all knives are hand sharpened so we are unable to sharpen full bolster knives. Our basic sharpening price is $15AUD and repairs are priced based on the damage. To get your knife sharpened simply bring it into our retail store located in the Perth CBD. If you are not located in the Perth area and would like to enquire whether you can post your knife to us for a repair/sharpen please fill out the contact form on our website. Please be advised that Chefs Edge is not liable if your knife obtains any damage or is lost during transit.